Lots of people would agree that the most handsome outfit a man can wear is a three-piece suit. Maybe you have just started wearing suits because of a new job, or you’ve been wearing suits for a long time and want to spice up your wardrobe.
Whatever the case, here are a few tips to take your suit game to the next level:
1. Wear a dark-colored pocket square with a light-colored suit.
2. Always unbutton a suit jacket when sitting down.
3. A properly-fitting suit jacket will have enough room between a buttoned jacket and your chest to fit a fist.
4. Always remove the stitching on the vents of a new suit.
5. The waistcoat of a three-piece-suit should be well-fitted close to the waist, or it risks looking sloppy.
6. Do not over-accessorize a suit with a pocket square, lapel pin and tie bar all at once.
7. If you choose not to wear a tie, do so with a narrow-collared shirt.
8. Do not wear a sports watch with a suit.
9. The bottom button of a suit jacket should never be buttoned.
10. Certain fabrics are appropriate for certain seasons. A corduroy or wool suit is for autumn/winter, while linen and cotton are more appropriate for spring/summer.