1. Your brain’s memory can hold 2.5 million gigabytes of data. That’s 156,250 iPhones.
2. The interior surface area of your lungs’ folded tissue is anywhere between 70-100 square meters, the size of half a tennis court.
3. Your nose can remember 50,000 unique scents.
4. Your belly button can carry hundreds of species of bacteria at any given time – that’s as many species as a rainforest contains.
5. Your liver can re-grow itself, which makes liver donation of up to 50% of the organ possible.
6. Your mouth contains 10,000 taste buds, which get replaced once every two weeks.
7. Your eyes can distinguish between 10 million colors
8. Your body is made up of 10 times more bacterial cells than human cells.
9. The human eye’s resolution is the equivalent of 576 megapixels.
10. A nerve in your ear, the chorda tympani, plays a role in your sense of taste.
11. You eyeballs and ears stay the same size from childhood until death, unlike the rest of the body.
12. Your heart will remain active even if separated from the body. All it needs is oxygen to keep pumping.
13. The acid in your stomach is strong enough to dissolve metal.
14. Your ear’s shape is as unique as your fingerprint.
15. Your mouth produces a 2-liter bottle’s worth of saliva every day.